Information about the Coronavirus
we’re making things Corona-proof
Like the rest of the Netherlands, Leeuwarden is also holding to the regulations regarding the Coronavirus. So, if you’re coming to visit our beautiful city in the near future, please take note of the below rules and regulations so that everyone can keep enjoying the Frisian capital!
Update 25 February 2022:
There are only a few corona measures in the Netherlands, but the virus is still there. That is why the Dutch government is giving advice to help prevent the spread of the virus.
Advice to help prevent the spread of the virus:
- Give each other space. A safe distance between people is 1,5 meters.
- Are you going to a crowded place where there will be many people? Then do a self-test.
- Wear a face mask where required or advised.
- Stay home if you are displaying symptoms and get tested.
- Wash your hands often and cough and sneeze into your elbow.
All locations open
- All locations accessible to the public, indoors as well as outdoors, are open
Face mask obligation
- It is mandatory to wear a face mask in and in the vicinity of public transport, throughout the airport and on the airplane
Test for access (1G)
- Anyone going to a major event must present a negative test result. This applies to indoor areas where more than 500 people per event attend who do not have a fixed seat. For example, a large nightclub, or a stage performance.
You can find more information about the new regulations on the RIVM’s website.