we’re making things Corona-proof
Like the rest of the Netherlands, Leeuwarden is also holding to the regulations regarding the Coronavirus. So, if you’re coming to visit our beautiful city in the near future, please take note of the below rules and regulations so that everyone can keep enjoying the Frisian capital!
- Always keep a 1.5-metre distance from others
- Avoid busy places
- Stay home if you have ANY symptoms, and get tested
- Wash your hands regularly, and cough/sneeze into your elbow (rather than your hands)
- In public indoor spaces, you MUST wear a face mask (if older than 13)
- In outdoor spaces you may only be in a group of 2 (unless you are all from one household)
- Curfew: please make sure you are not on the streets between 22:00 and 04:30
Restaurants, bars, and cafés
- All bars, cafés, and restaurants are closed until further notice
- Locations may open for take-away, but make sure to check each place!
- All non-essential shops are closed until further notice
- Check per shop if shopping-by-appointment is possible
- Government offices, public sector buildings, and banks may remain open
- For all rules around shopping make sure to check rijksoverheid.nl
- Hotels remain open, though without any food services (including room service)
- All cultural institutions are closed until further notice
- Public transport is only to be used for unavoidable trips. Wearing a non-medical face-mask is required
- For other forms of transport (taxis/coaches), you’ll need a reservation, to complete a health declaration, and wear a face mask
- Indoor sports facilities are also to remain closed, for example sports schools, swimming pools, saunas, wellness centres, and so on
You can find more information about the new regulations on the RIVM’s website.
Carousel, use arrow keys to navigate.