Information about the Coronavirus
we’re making things Corona-proof
Like the rest of the Netherlands, Leeuwarden is also holding to the regulations regarding the Coronavirus. So, if you’re coming to visit our beautiful city in the near future, please take note of the below rules and regulations so that everyone can keep enjoying the Frisian capital!
- Always keep a 1.5-metre distance from others
- Avoid busy places
- Stay home if you have ANY symptoms, and get tested
- Wash your hands regularly, and cough/sneeze into your elbow (rather than your hands)
- Urgent advice: wear a non-medical face mask in indoor places where social distancing can't be maintained
Restaurants, bars, and cafés
- All bars, cafés, and restaurants are closed until further notice
- Locations may open for take-away, but make sure to check each place!
- Pre-booking is necessary
- The number of visitors allowed in any theatre/cinema/concert hall/museum/monument is limited, depending on the size of the building
- Public transport is only to be used for unavoidable trips. Wearing a non-medical face-mask is required
- For other forms of transport (taxis/coaches), you’ll need a reservation, to complete a health declaration, and wear a face mask
You can find more information about the new regulations on the RIVM’s website.