Nature Museum Friesland
In the nature museum Fryslân, you go on adventure in nature. View the treasures that Captain Severein collected on his travels around the world. Feel like Tom Thumb next to the massive jaws of the blue whale. And see how the taxidermist works on a long-eared owl or kestrel in the open studio. For the little ones there is the dragon named Li-ming, who lives in the attic of the museum. New in 2017 is Darwin’s attic, where visitors meet with the theory of evolution. Darwin is central, but also his predecessors and the dangers to a broad interpretation of the theory are discussed. And how will the evolution continue in the future? The nature museum Fryslân was awarded 'Best Kidsproof museum of Friesland' and by ANWB-members 'Best outing of Friesland' in 2016.
Data & times
- every Mondayclosed
- every Tuesdayfrom 10:00 to 17:00
- every Wednesdayfrom 10:00 to 17:00
- every Thursdayfrom 10:00 to 17:00
- every Fridayfrom 10:00 to 17:00
- every Saturdayfrom 10:00 to 17:00
- every Sundayfrom 10:00 to 17:00
- In officiële schoolvakanties ook op de maandagen geopend. Gesloten: 1 januari, 27 april, 5 mei en 25 december.
- Young peopleYes
- Senior citizensYes